Why should I change the theme of my website?
Our new website theme is designed to be fully responsive on mobile devices, as well as being fully compliant with the W3 accessibility criteria.
All publically funded websites are required to be compatible with the new accessibility criteria. Find out more at gov.uk. Note that none of our previous themes are compatible with the accessibility guidelines.
- Easier to use and maintain for customers
- Adheres to national accessibilty guidelines
- Uses latest design principles so it is easy for patients to use
- Flexible so it can be tailored to practice’s requirements
- Helps channel pateint demand through a single website
- Fully compatible with Google Analytics for further insight into how patients use your site
What will my website look like afterwards?
Your site will be moved to our latest website theme, which will look similar to our demonstration site ehich can be seen at www.eastsurgerydemo.co.uk
How long does the change take to complete?
Once we have received your form, this will automatically generate a support case in EMIS Now. We aim to start the process within 14 days. Once the change has been started, it will take about half an hour to complete with the total time your website being unavailable being under 10 minutes.
Is there a cost associated with changing the theme?
Changing your website theme is covered by your existing contract with ourselves so there is no additional cost.
What will happen to my content?
The content on your website will not be affected by this change, other than being automatically migrated into the new website look and feel. The homepage will however change layout to fit the new theme, but we complete this for you to best suit your site.
How do I check what theme I am currently on?
1) Log into the backend of your website.
2) Go to “Customise Homepage”.
3) Select “Manage with Live Preview”.
4) The theme name will be shown under “Active Theme” on the left hand side. Our new theme is called ‘GPWS 2019’.